22 Jun 0
We all look forward to vacations to relieve stress, decompress and just relax. However, if you are one of the 3.5 million Canadians suffering from incontinence travelling for hours by car, train or plane can be anything but relaxing.
Incontinence should never hold you back from participating in life, and you deserve that vacation! So here are a few tips to help you best manage your incontinence while traveling.
- Do a little research into your destination and find out where your favorite brands of incontinence products are sold. Bring as much as you can in your luggage in case of out of stock scenarios or store closures.
- Bring enough products in your carry on luggage to make those long flights. Add booster pads to your supply as they help provide extra absorbency.
- If traveling by plane book an aisle seat, you’ll feel more at ease knowing you can get up and use the restroom. Also, get to the airport in plenty of time so you are not rushed through security lines etc.
- Drink water on your travel days and try to avoid caffeine and alcohol as they are bladder irritants, which means you may find yourself needing to urinate more often.
- If you are driving, map out your stops along the way. Plan where you will be stopping for meals etc.
Comments are closed.